Phone: +49 89 290 97 0
As member of our Munich legal expert team since 1995, Markus Neumaier primarily specializes in cases of company, insolvency, bank and civil procedural law. His legal advisory and representative services cover virtually every aspect of company law, especially in corporate crisis and insolvency matters. He provides legal support to companies and their managers (executives, supervisory board members and shareholders) facing economic crisis, specifically by helping them find solutions out of the crisis and avoid possible litigation over personal or criminal liability. He also advises and represents insolvency administrators tasked with enforcing claims and rights.
Add to that his legal advisory and representative services for credit and other financial institutions in all matters pertaining to banking law.
Furthermore specializing in civil procedural law, Markus advises our clients and represents their interests in complex civil legal proceedings, in addition to heading our judicial enforcement department.
Born in: 1968
University of Munich (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität), Germany
University of Heidelberg (Ruprecht-Karls-Universität), Germany
Workgroup for Insolvency Law and Recovery in the German Bar Association (DAV)
|1992||1st State Exam|
|1995||2nd State Exam|
|1995||Attorney at the law firm of RAe Dres. Heussen Braun von Kessel, Munich|
|1997||Attorney at the law firm of RAe Heuking Kühn Lüer Heussen Wojtek, Munich|
|2000||Attorney and partner at the law firm of PriceWaterhouseCoopers Veltins Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH, Munich|
|2003 to present||Attorney and partner at HEUSSEN Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH, Munich|
Statement of experience
- Insolvency and banking law
- Litigation/judicial enforcement
- Corporate law
- Co-author of chapter on insolvency law (with author Dr. Robert Hänel) in attorney’s legal guide "Beck‘sches Rechtsanwalts-Handbuch", 8th edition 2004, 9th edition 2007, 10th edition 2011, Publishers C.H. Beck
- Author of chapter on basic legal obligations and liability risks of LLC (GmbH) directors during crisis and insolvency ("Wesentliche Verhaltenspflichten und Haftungsrisiken des GmbH-Geschäftsführers in Krise und Insolvenz") in entrepreneur guide "Unternehmerhandbuch", 1st edition 2005, Publishers C. H. Beck
- Co-author of chapter on foreclosure law (with author Prof. Dr. jur. habil. Karl August Prinz von Sachsen Gessaphe) in attorney‘s textbook collection "Beck‘scher Anwaltskurs", 1st edition 2005, Publishers C. H. Beck
- Interpretation of legal line between delay of payment and insolvency ("Wann wird eine Zahlungsstockung zur Zahlungsunfähigkeit?") as part of comment on decision of German Federal Court of Justice (BGH) from May 24, 2005, IX ZR 123/04, NJW publication 2005, 3041 ff.
- Co-author of civil law textbook "Die Station in Zivilsachen" (with authors Dr. Günther Schmitz, Justice of the Bavarian Supreme Court, Ret., and Alfred Frisch, Justice of the Supreme Court), 7th edition 2006, Publishers C.H. Beck
- Co-author of chapter on liquidation vs. recovery (with author Tamara Kaiser) in legal publication Deutscher AnwaltSpiegel, Issue 13, June 29, 2011
- Author of commented application form for partition auction ("Antrag auf Teilungsversteigerung nach §§ 180 ff. ZVG"), "Beck’sche Online-Formulare Prozess", 24th edition 2015, Publishers C. H. Beck
Seminars & Lectures
- Presentation on German Insolvency Code and German Insolvency Act as part of Recovery Law Network program presented by international law firm Landwell, Rome, Italy, February 2003
- Presentation on technical implementation of EU Insolvency Regulation No. 1346/2000 in Germany September as part of Recovery Law Network program presented by international law firm Landwell, Paris, France, September 2003
MunichHEUSSEN Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Brienner Straße 9 / Amiraplatz
Foreign languages: German, English