Dr. Thomas Beck
Phone: +49 711 18 76 212
Dr. Thomas Beck is a certified specialist lawyer for industrial property rights. Working out of the Stuttgart office of our law firm, his activities focus on the intellectual property aspect of industrial property rights as well as the aspect of distribution rights. Specifically, he provides consulting services in trademark law, for example, when it comes to developing brand strategies, completing trademark applications, both on a national and international level, in connection with the commercial utilization of trademarks and similar matters.
Moreover, he represents and advises clients during litigation involving matters such as trademark disputes, product piracy (again, both on a national and international level) and competition law. Regarding the latter, his activities include legal audits of promotional campaigns, legal advisory and representative services in matters involving no-competition clauses, know-how protection as well as litigation in competition, anti-trust and similar law matters.
Dr. Thomas Beck is well known for his outstanding expertise and vast practical experience in highly complex litigation matters and similar legal cases, many of which he took all the way to the highest courts and won on behalf of his clients.
Add to that Dr. Beck’s client services in the field of distribution rights in which he offers his clients comprehensive legal support in the development of marketing concepts and in the conclusion of contracts, particularly in connection with the strategic application of property rights.
Dr. Beck has furthermore been active as a lecturer of contract law at the Stuttgart Bar Association since 2003, in addition to being a member of the Exam Committee for Lawyers Specializing in Industrial Property Rights of the Stuttgart Bar Association since 2007.
Born in: 1969
- Rechtsanwaltskammer Stuttgart
- Deutscher Anwaltverein
- AGEM Arbeitsgemeinschaft Geistiges Eigentum & Medien im Deutschen Anwaltverein
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Gesellschaft für gewerblichen Rechtsschutz und Urheberrecht (GRUR)
|1991 bis 1996||Studium der Rechtwissenschaften an der Universität Tübingen|
|1996 bis 1998||Referendariat in Stuttgart und Los Angeles, USA|
|1998 bis 2000||Promotion an der Universität Tübingen zum Thema Produkthaftung|
|1998||Zulassung zur Rechtsanwaltschaft|
|2000 bis 2003||Tätigkeit in einer mittelständischen Wirtschaftskanzlei und bei Luther Menold in Stuttgart|
|2003 bis 2015||Rechtsanwalt und Partner (seit 2008) bei der KMZ Kullen Müller Zinser Partnerschaftsgesellschaft mbB, Sindelfingen/Stuttgart|
|seit 2016||Partner bei der HEUSSEN Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH, Stuttgart|
Statement of experience
- Industrial property rights, specifically trademark law, competition law, design law, license agreements, research & development contracts
- Litigation and leadership in international proceedings
- Commercial law, specifically distributor law
- Stuttgart Bar Association
- German Lawyers’ Association (DAV)
- DAV Working Group for Industrial Property & Media (AGEM)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- German Association for Industrial Property and Copyright Law (GRUR)
- Beck, Thomas: Publication on preventive implementation of recall obligations and legal possibilities of enforcing product recalls ("Die präventive Durchsetzung der Rückrufpflicht - Möglichkeiten zur Erzwingung eines Produktrückrufs"), published by Köhler Verlag, Tübingen, 2002
- Beck, Thomas: Author of chapter on contract drafting in everyday law practice in publication on laws for the legal profession by Beck/Blum (ed.) ("Anwaltsrecht II", chapter titled "Vertragsgestaltung in der anwaltlichen Praxis, insbesondere im Wirtschaftsrecht"), 5th edition, published by Richard Boorberg Verlag, Stuttgart, Munich, 2011
- Beck, Thomas: Publication on lawyers` strategies in contract drafting ("Anwaltsstrategien bei der Vertragsgestaltung"), published by Richard Boorberg Verlag, Stuttgart, Munich, 2007
Seminars & Lectures
- Beck, Thomas: Presentation on the successful registration of trademarks ("Erst Schützen, dann Nützen – die erfolgreiche Markenanmeldung")
- Beck, Thomas: Presentation on the legal framework of direct marketing ("Direktmarketing und Recht"), Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK Stuttgart)
- Various other presentations on competition laws and trademark laws
StuttgartHEUSSEN Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Foreign languages: German, English